Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers
An invitation to help support the St. Helena Farmers' Market!
If you're reading this, you probably agree that the St. Helena Farmers' Market is a community treasure. This year will be our twenty-seventh season and thanks to much valued community support, we have been able to create and maintain a vibrant market that hosts over forty vendors each week from May through October. This year we will have music at every market, biweekly cooking demos by local chefs, students and food writers and book-signings by local authors offering their latest cook/gardening books.
As one of only a handful of Farmers Markets in the country that have 501(c)3 status, we are committed to helping our community learn more about the benefits of eating locally grown and sutstainable food products. Our non-profit educational program offers classes and events for kids thoughout the year. School-aged children are a crucial audience for our educational outreach efforts becauise engaging them diretcly with tasty and nutritious food is the first step in establishing a pattern of improved eating as adults. For real, long term change in our food system, we must help to create the next generation of thoughtful food consumers.
Our volunteer board works hard and exercises careful fiscal management, but we cannot survive and grow without your help. Programs that will be supported by your generous donations/sponsorships incude the following:
Educational Outreach Programs
Amanda Tuttle, our Market Educator leads a varity of programs including "Market Classrooms" held at the market throughout the season and programs held at the local schools in collaberation with the teachers.
We plan to increase the number of kids’ programs for the 2013 Season and to purchase outdoor chairs for our Kid’s Story Time: Approximate cost: $10,200.
This is an ongoing program that needs your support. In 2012, we had the pleasure of welcoming to the Chef's Table: Vicky Acosta, The Grill, Meadowood Napa Valley; Stephen Barber, Farmstead; Danny Bobovnyik, JoLe; Alexandra Fochi, Sampras; Cindy Pawlycn, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, Mustards Grill and CPs; Nash Cognetti, Tra Vigne; Karen Schuppert, Cook4Seasons, Philip Wang, French Blue, St. Helena and Andy Wild, "Wild about Food and Drink".
We are planning two Chef’s Demonstrations per month for the 2013 season. Approximate cost $2,200.
Below are a variety of donor levels. We’ll gladly take any amount you can afford. We are just so very grateful for your support.
- The Saffron Group ($250 and up)
- The Red Wagon Group ($100 to $249)
- The Mulch Group (under $100)
Donations may be made by check or by credit card using our secure PayPal donate button. Please note that as the St. Helena Farmers’ Market is a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization, your donations are fully tax deductible.
We are extremely grateful to the 2012 Donors for their generous donations.
The following types of sponsorships are available:
- Seasonal Sponsorship ($750 or $1,000) per season: A chance to help keep the Market a happening place and give your business some visibility. Sponsor Benefits include a reserved parking space at every Friday market, promotion of your company on market signage, website, newsletter and fundraising events and promotion of your company literature at the market's General Store. For $1,000 sponsorship you will also receive a booth at the market for 2 days per market season (market product rules apply) and a wine tasting/star gazing evening for a party of up to eight at the Jaffe residence/observatory in St. Helena.
- Special Event Sponsorship (approximate cost, $300 per event): Educational tastings, cjef's demos and programs add richness and fun to the market.
2013 Market Sponsors
We offer our sincere gratitude to the following Market Sponsors for their support:
- Bressler Vineyards, St. Helena: www.bresslervineyards.com
- The Culinary Institute of America, Greystone:www.ciachef.edu/california
- Cricket, Mirabelle, Reeds, St. Helena
- Daisy Hill Farm, St. Helena: www.daisyhillfarm.com
- Jaffe Estate Wines, St. Helena: www.jaffeestate.com
- Jaffe Insurance Agency, St. Helena: www.jaffeinsurance.com
- Layer Cake Wines, St. Helena: www.layercakewine.com
- Meadowood Napa Valley, St. Helena: www.meadowood.com
- Pacific Union International . Christie's International Real Estate, St. Helena:www.pacunion.com
- Umpqua Bank, St Helena: www.umpquabank.com/Home.aspx
You Can Make Your Donation Here
The St. Helena Farmers’ Market is a 501 (c) (3) Charitable Organization (tax ID 35-2367794) so your donations are fully tax deductible.